The Probate Process From Start to Finish
Date: October 28, 2013 8:30AM – 4:45PM
One Monarch Place
Springfield, MA 01144
Your Fundamental Guide to Probate
So your client wants you to handle a probate case – do you know where to start? Do you know the proper procedures to use, as well as the law? At this seminar, our experienced faculty will give you detailed, step-by-step information to confidently and ably navigate the system. Gain the confidence you need to reach a favorable outcome for your client when litigating in probate court. Enroll today!
- Get a step-by-step walkthrough of a probate case complete with practice tips from seasoned practitioners.
- Implement a complete estate timetable in order to know what needs to be done – and when.
- Effectively guide the executor and the administrator through their various duties.
- Avoid problems arising from creditors’ claims and insolvency with our powerful strategies.
- Know the secrets to confidently handling a spouse’s elective share.
- Forestall disagreements between beneficiaries: adhere to the guidelines of precedence in case of intestacy.
- Get results for your client! Explore successful strategies for litigating in probate court.
- Follow thorough closing procedures so accounting is complete before distribution takes place.
Who Should Attend
This basic level seminar will provide those who have limited probate experience with tips on successfully handling a probate case. This comprehensive seminar will benefit:
- Trust officers
- Financial planners
- Estate planners
- Taking the First Step: Filing an Estate in Probate Court
- Understanding the Role of the Personal Representative in Probate
- Managing the Inventory
- Administering the Estate Effectively
- Determining if Spouse’s Elective Share is a Reasonable Option
- Uncovering the Laws of Intestacy and How They May Apply
- Litigating the Case in Probate Court
- Putting the Case to Rest: Closing the Estate
Continuing Education Credit
Enrolled Agent – Enrolled Agent: 8.00
Financial Planners – Financial Planners: 8.00
International Association for Continuing Education Training – IACET: 0.70
National Association of Legal Assistants, Inc. – NALA: 6.60 *
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy – CPE for Accountants: 8.00 *
National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc. – NFPA: 6.50 *
Professional Achievement in Continuing Education – PACE: 8.00 *
* denotes specialty credits
This seminar is for professionals