Bacon Wilson, P.C. is a prominent general practice firm of 40+ lawyers with five offices throughout Western Massachusetts. As one of the largest law firms in Western Massachusetts, we are proud of our historic beginnings and consistent involvement in the local community. We offer our employees excellent career opportunities and competitive pay with great benefits such as medical insurance, paid holidays, profit share/401(k) plan, and generous vacation/sick time, all within a rewarding and professional environment.
For full-time employees, health benefits begin the first of the month following your start date!
If you are interested in employment consideration, check below for available positions. All submissions should include a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
Please send to [email protected]
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Bacon Wilson, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Looking to work in the legal field but don’t have any experience?
Bacon Wilson, P.C. is seeking a motivated candidate for a full-time organized Assistant to support our Litigation Paralegals in personal injury cases during both the pre-litigation and litigation phases. The right candidate will be trained and mentored by our team of paralegals. This role is a growth opportunity that is crucial in helping our legal team prepare cases and provide efficient support to our clients. There will be some minimal expense-paid travel between our Springfield and Northampton offices.
- Assist the Litigation Paralegal in case file organization, document management, and maintenance. Prepare and draft legal documents, and correspondence.
- Assist in conducting legal research and gathering case-related information.
- Coordinate and schedule appointments, meetings, and court appearances.
- Communicate with clients, witnesses, opposing counsel, and court personnel as needed.
- Assist in trial preparation and courtroom support. Handle administrative tasks to ensure smooth case management.
- Motivated self-starter, willing to learn and looking for a career in the legal field. High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a law firm or legal environment is a plus but not required.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a legal team.
- Familiarity with personal injury law and procedures is a plus.
- Professionalism, discretion, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
Litigation Paralegal - Springfield
Bacon Wilson, P.C. is seeking a candidate for a full-time paralegal position in our Litigation Practice Group in our Springfield office. Candidates must have 2+ years of experience in general litigation. The duties of this position include frequent interaction with clients, attorneys, and court personnel, as well as management of files and related deadlines, preparation of court documents, and assisting with new client intake.
Probate Paralegal - Springfield
Bacon Wilson, P.C. is seeking a candidate for a full-time paralegal position in our Probate Department in our Springfield office. Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years of experience as a probate paralegal, proficiency in estate accounting and financial statement analysis, strong knowledge of Massachusetts probate procedures, excellent communication and organizational skills and detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
The responsibilities of this position include:
– Assist attorneys in managing probate and estate administration cases.
– Prepare and file legal documents related to probate matters.
– Conduct research and analysis of estate assets and liabilities.
– Coordinate with clients, beneficiaries, and financial institutions.
– Ensure compliance with Massachusetts probate laws and regulations.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Bacon Wilson, P.C. We will follow up with you if your background and skills best fit the employment needs for this position. Applicants must be local to be considered.