Bacon Wilson, P.C. is a prominent general practice firm of 40+ lawyers with five offices throughout Western Massachusetts. As one of the largest law firms in Western Massachusetts, we are proud of our historic beginnings and consistent involvement in the local community. We offer our employees excellent career opportunities and competitive pay with great benefits such as medical insurance, paid holidays, profit share/401(k) plan, and generous vacation/sick time, all within a rewarding and professional environment.
For full-time employees, health benefits begin the first of the month following your start date!
If you are interested in employment consideration, check below for available positions. All submissions should include a resume, cover letter, and salary expectations.
Please send to [email protected]
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Bacon Wilson, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Bacon Wilson, P.C. is seeking an Assistant Controller. The right candidate is highly motivated and will assist with monitoring and evaluating all day-to-day accounting activities, help with the establishment of financial stability, and reporting status by analysis, recommendations, and developing systems for efficiencies and automation in all accounting-related duties.
Report directly to the controller and executive director. Working relationship with shareholders, attorneys, and staff throughout the firm, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a deep understanding of the accounting department functions to analyze current functions and make recommendations for efficiencies and automation.
- Understand the functions of billing, AR, AP, payroll, invoice preparation and processing, reporting, taxes, banking, financial reporting, budgeting, and assist with supervision of the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting (must have)
- 3-5 years of accounting experience including supervisory duties
- Prior experience in a law firm or office setting is preferred but not required
- GAAP Standards
- Knowledge of all local, state, and federal regulations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Be able and willing to work as part of a team
Position Location is Springfield, MA
Litigation Attorney - Springfield
Seeking a highly motivated team player with up to 5 years of experience and the desire to zealously represent our clients in our litigation department.
This position presents the right candidate with the opportunity to practice, learn and grow professionally in a collaborative environment with a collegial and skilled group of lawyers, paralegals, and staff. Litigation associates are empowered to manage their own caseload, have client contact, and regularly appear in court on substantive motions, hearings, and trials.
Admission to the MA Bar is required; admission to the CT Bar is preferred.
Estate Planning Attorney - Amherst
Seeking a highly motivated associate attorney with 3 to 5 years of experience in one or more of the following; Estate Planning, Elder Law, Estate Tax Preparation, and/or Probate Administration. Excellent writing skills and MA Bar required.
Legal Administrative Assistant - Springfield
Seeking candidates for a full-time, unassigned legal administrative assistant position in its Springfield Office.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Covering for other legal administrative assistants, and other support positions during breaks or absences.
- Assist legal administrative assistants with work overflow.
- Transcribing and editing documents.
- Data entry.
- Scanning and filing.
- Managing phone calls.
- Backing up the receptionist, and other administrative tasks as needed.
- Occasional travel to other local offices is required.
Flexibility and adaptability is critical to this role. Prior experience would be helpful but is not required.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Bacon Wilson, P.C. We will follow up with you if your background and skills best fit the employment needs for this position. Applicants must be local to be considered.