- Gina M. Barry • November 1, 2019
- Long term care costs can deplete your assets at an alarming rate. Many people will enter a nursing home during their lifetime here they will incur the average monthly cost of $13,000 for an average stay of 2.5 years. To make matters worse, you may have spent the majority of your life working and building your assets so that your retirement will be well funded, yet retirement comes at a time when the possibility of catastrophic illness is more likely. Planning ahead will mean the difference between spending your assets to finance any needed care and preserving your assets for your family…..
- Gina M. Barry • October 1, 2019
- As we move toward the end of the year and closer to tax season, could you use a break on your federal income tax return? Giving is common during the holidays, and now is the time to plan your final charitable contributions of the year. Charitable giving provides a myriad of benefits, not the least of which may be a deduction on your federal income tax return…..
- Gina M. Barry • June 1, 2019
- Each year, numerous petitions are filed with the court seeking the appointment of a guardian and/or conservator to make decisions for a person who has lost their ability to make their own decisions whether due to physical or mental illness…..
- Gina M. Barry • May 1, 2019
- Many people view their pets as members of their family. They go to great lengths to ensure their pets’ comfort, and often shower them with gifts of toys and treats. Surely, they would want to ensure that these pets would be well cared for if they were to pass away…..
- Gina M. Barry • April 1, 2019
- When it comes to financial independence and estate planning, women face a unique set of challenges. Statistically, a married woman is most likely going to outlive her husband. The average age of a widow is 56 years old. Other women never marry or are divorced….
- Gina M. Barry • March 1, 2019
- To my daughter, I leave my passion for knowledge . . .
To my son, I leave my love of laughter . . .
When the time comes for you to pass away, what legacy will you leave? Will it be purely monetary or will it include your values, wisdom, and life lessons?….
- Gina M. Barry • February 1, 2019
- A multitude of seniors, having paid off their mortgages many years ago, currently own their homes free and clear of any debt. Some are fortunate, and they have a nest egg that, along with their income (Social Security/pension), allows them to maintain their home….
- Gina M. Barry • January 1, 2019
- Happy New Year! It’s time to make your New Year’s resolutions. Set yourself up for success with a resolution that is easy to keep. Reviewing your estate plan is a simple resolution to keep that ensures your estate plan remains current and consistent with your wishes….