Banking & Finance
If you’re looking for both creative and technologically sophisticated solutions to the challenges of the financial and banking industry that has been consolidating its players and expanding markets, we can help. We can assist with the legal aspects of many critical areas of your business including:
- Construction Loans – If you’re looking for an often short-term, interim loan for financing the cost of residential or commercial construction, rather than outlaying the entire principal amount of the loan at once, your lender can disburse the funds to you in accordance with a construction schedule as your project progresses. We can provide you thorough assistance to ensure that your construction project financing moves forward on the anticipated schedule.
- Purchase Money Financing – This is when the seller of equipment (e.g. machine, device, or vehicle) provides the financing for the acquisition of the equipment to the purchaser and agrees to take back a lien on the equipment as collateral security for the financing. We can assist you in making certain that new equipment is financed expeditiously to avoid any interruption to your ongoing business operations and ensure your business’ continuity.
- Asset-Based Loans – This is a commercial loan secured by your company’s ‘personality’ as well as its real property assets. In addition to the lender receiving a real property mortgage on real estate as collateral for the loan, the lender may also collateralize the loan by a lien on accounts receivable (A/R), inventory, and equipment. Often the amount of the loan is directly related to the value of the assets, as measured over a period of time, e.g. annually. We can demystify the complexities of asset based financing, and ensure that all borrowing requirements are clearly stated and understood.
- Equipment Leases – By obtaining the use of machinery, vehicles, or other equipment on a rental basis versus purchase, you avoid the need to invest significant capital for a purchase. This prevents the need to invest capital in equipment. Ownership rests in the hands of the financial institution or leasing company, while your business has the actual use of the equipment. We can work with you to ensure that lease terms are commercially reasonable, agreeable, and provide for favorable terms and conditions.
- Construction project loans – Regardless of the sophistication of your financing commitments, we will provide the appropriate construction loan documentation and expertise for your deals, including projects involving multi-income, historical, and new market tax credits.
- Purchase money financing – You need to document and secure the financing of various business assets through a perfected first priority purchase money security interest, whether as a standalone initial credit facility, or in conjunction with existing credit to third party secured lenders. We can help.
- Asset based loans – Whether you are providing asset based financing to fund ongoing working capital needs, machinery and equipment, or commercial real estate, we can assist you with properly documenting and securing the necessary credit facilities.
- Capital equipment leasing – When your financing commitment includes a capital equipment leasing component, we can provide you with the tools to successfully complete this portion of your overall loan package.
- Workouts, including dispositions of businesses and asset portfolios – Lenders sometimes encounter borrowers with troubled credit. We can provide you with the necessary tools to complete a successful workout, and where necessary, a timely liquidation of both real and personal property collateral.
- Regulatory and compliance matters – Sometimes you need timely answers to specific questions about regulatory and compliance questions in connection with your lending practices. We’ll help clear up your confusion.